Pages

Wednesday 19 April 2017

Victim’s Family Wishes Facebook Killer Had Been Captured Alive






On Monday night, other grieving family members said they had already forgiven Stephens and hoped he would turn himself in.

“I don’t want that man to die,” Godwin’s son Robby Miller told CNN. “I want him to be brought to justice.”

“Whatever law enforcement or whoever the higher-ups decide to do, that’s out of my hands,” Miller continued. At the end of the day, that’s up to God, you know? You know, ‘Vengeance is mine, said the Lord.’ Vengeance is his. It doesn’t belong to us to do that.”

He added: “So, if you out there, if you’re listening, turn yourself in. You’ve done enough damage. Just turn yourself in.”

“We don’t hate you, but you took something from us,” Godwin’s daughter Tammy Godwin said. “And we still don’t hate you.”

Dorothy Crumpton, Godwin’s ex-wife, said his death hit her hard.

“It’s hurting me very bad because that was a true friend,” Crumpton said.

Yet she too didn’t want Stephens to die.

“I don’t want him to take his life,” Crumpton said. “I don’t want the police to take his life. I want him to give himself up.”

But not all of Godwin’s family members were so forgiving.

His daughter Brenda Haymon told CNN that she learned of Stephens’ suicide while she was planning her father’s funeral.


“All I can say is that I wish he had gone down in a hail of 100 bullets,” Haymon said. “I wish it had gone down like that instead of him shooting himself.”

No comments:

Post a Comment